Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hungry animals

On Monday I got lots done in the garden.  I planted all of the outdoor seeds except the lettuce and herbs (I can't decide where I want them).  I didn't put the artichoke in pots, I just put them directly in the ground.  I wasn't too controlled about sowing the seeds, I pretty much just spread the seeds around on raked ground.  We shall see what happens.


I transplanted the butternut squash to paper pots, five of them look ok and had lots of roots, one looks a little pathetic but I figure five will probably be too many anyway.


Continuing my plague of animals eating my plants I caught a blackbird eating lily bulbs out of a pot tonight.  It actually dug them up!  Although I've lost two bulbs (and now have earth all over my patio) it was really interesting watching the bird dig them out.  I also caught a slug on one of my broccoli leaves, I pulled it off and hoped that a bird would eat it.  I need to find a way to kill the slugs that doesn't make me want to throw up.


There is more frost forecast tonight so I brought my pots in to keep warm in the kitchen overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...