Monday, January 2, 2012

January - Planning

I have a large patio at the end of my garden that seems to get the sun almost all the time during the summer so I think I'll lift slabs from each side of it to make room for veg.

There is already a cherry tree at the top of the patio which has been there for about 2 years, if gave us 5 cherries last year so whatever I do I don't want to damage it.

Also at the top of the garden I have tree stumps for two holly trees which were removed in the autumn and an apple tree which died and was removed with the holly trees.  I know the holly trees have horrible fibrous roots which I'll have to remove if I want to plant there.

I've made a list of what I want to grow / eat next year:
New   Already have
artichoke   blackberries
asparagus   blueberries
brocolli    cherries
carrot   strawberries
cauliflower
celeriac
garlic
kiwi
leek
lettuce
onion
peas
potato
rubarb
squash
sunflower
swede
tomato
Tomorrow I'll have a think about where I will put them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...